Saturday, April 30, 2011

First Kayaking Trip of 2011

Yesterday I tested the waters out in Lake Winnebago. I took my new Kayak which is a 9.5ft Swifty by Perception. I put the kayak in at the public boat landing within Lakeside Park of Fond du Lac, WI.




I was able to take some pictures of the trip. I don't have much to tell but I was very happy I was able to get on the water to try out the new kayak and see a little bit of the water. Next time I will have more time and be able to experience more of the water.



Here is a picture of the landing.





The trip that I had lasted for about 44 minutes. I had a heart monitor on me and I burned about 530 calories. You can see that it was getting dark so I had to call it quits on the maiden voyage of my kayak. I will be back out here again very soon to go much further up the creek and try to get close to 2nd St. which will bring me close to home.

No comments:

Post a Comment