Sunday, July 10, 2011

Mosquitoes.....Noooooo!

I started late this night but at least I was able to explore the marsh more than last time. The water was very warm, almost like bath water. The carp, or some other kind of large fish, was hiding out in the Northeastern part of the marsh. My boat was hit about seven times by the fish but it was just cool to see all of those guys in the water. I wish I brought my camera but because it was getting dark I don't think I would have been able to get good enough pictures.

It was just cool to see all of the fish there. That is one thing I like about Supple Marsh, always see the fish jump or swimming. Remember my pictures of the fish that were close to my boat? 

Once I got back to shore, I was being attacked by the mosquitoes. I have never seen so many mosquitoes, ever. It seems that the mosquitoes have been more active recently, especially around dark. It was a good thing I had my car instead of my van because I would have had to clean my kayak before putting it into the van. 

The nice thing about the car is the fact that the kayak sits on top of it and the stuff dries and falls off while driving home. I also created two slip on bumpers to keep the kayak from scratching up my car and also making it very easy to just place the kayak on top of the car. It's a very easy construction. All you need is rope and a swimming noodle. You cut the swimming noodle in half and tie a piece of rope through the noodle and around the kayak. Next time I think of it, I will take a picture and place it under a new page tab.

No comments:

Post a Comment