Monday, July 4, 2011

Did Some Hand Walking and The Water Was Good

I went up the east side of Fond du Lac River and this time I wanted to venture further. As I kept going further I came across some different steps in the water that was deep enough for me to stay in the boat but the current and depth keep me from fully going up stream. I put the paddle in the boat and used my hands to "walk" up stream until I was able to get passed the rocks. I was later able to keep going but only for a short distance.

I kept hitting rocks on the way up but nothing to major. I did notice that it seems that the major damns throughout our rivers seem to be mostly trees that are still alive and growing leaves and thickening them up and strangling the river. Nothing further to really report about but it was still a nice trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment